- 1 cup baking soda
- 3/4 cup liquid Castile soap
- 1/2 cup salt
- 30 drops of essential oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Measuring spoon (we used a Tablespoon)
Makes approximately 30 1″ fresheners
- Combine baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add Castile soap and essential oils.
- Add water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until the mixtures reaches the texture of wet sand.
- Pack the mixture into the measuring spoon. Pack in tightly so the form slides out but be careful because they will be fragile. Place on parchment paper to dry.
- Let the fresheners dry for about 24 hours. I flipped ours over after about 12 hours to let them continue to dry.
- Store in a sealed glass jar, and keep dry. I used a wide mouth mason jar.
To use: Put 1-3 fresheners in your garbage disposal. Turn the faucet on a steady stream of cold water, and run the disposal for up to one minute. Enjoy the fresh smell and clean garbage disposal.